Saturday’s brunch is a real thing and this fuss free recipe is going to be perfect to serve at any time today. Breakfast, lunch or dinner… isn’t it always the perfect time for beautifully grilled veggies, poached eggs and melted goat cheese?
Yup, I thought so too.
So don’t spend your entire day in the kitchen today (unless you’re an obsessed foodie like me) and eat delicious food that will keep you happy and healthy for your big relaxing day.
I have not listed exact quantities for each ingredients because perfection isn’t what we seek on a Saturday. Follow the list of ingredients, add more or remove some and follow the basic directions to customize this dish as you see fit and make it your own.
Now, go back in those PJ’s and go binge on that tv series you’ve been dying to watch. Happy Saturday everyone!
- Tomatoes, cut in quarters
- long, thin, sweet peppers sliced in rings
- goat cheese
- fresh baby spinach
- 1 sesame bagel, diced
- sesame oil
- avocado oil (or any other oil of your choice)
- hot sauce to serve with (optional)
- - When the pan is hot, drop the diced sesame bagel and a bit of sesame oil, in the pan. Grill the bread pieces until nicely toasted on all sides. Remove from pan and reserve.
- - Drop the pepper rings with a bit of avocado oil and grill for 4-5 minutes, while stirring from time to time. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- - Push to the peppers to the side and drop the spinach. Stir the peppers and spinach together until the spinach have softened a bit but not too much. Drop the tomatoes, stir and grill for 1-2 minutes.
- - Spread everything nicely in the pan and drop your eggs before adding the chunks or goat cheese a little bit everywhere.
- - Lower the heat and cover the pan until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- - Serve the toasted bagel cubes on the side, in the plate. Serve with hot sauce on the side (optional)