Sweet Potato, Spinach, Broccoli Risotto
- 4 cups of hot water
- ½ cup of Glutenberg/Chartier maple beer **
- 1½ cup of shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of finely chopped spinach
- ¾ cup of finely chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 2 big fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Garnish idea:
- Finely chopped basic leaves
- ** The recipe calls for ½ cup because that's all I have left in my fridge but you could easily add one full cup of beer (and or white dry wine if you can find this beer anywhere) and remove ½ cup out of the water quantity.
- - In a flat bottom pan, on the stove top, at MEDIUM/HIGH heat - Start by adding the tablespoon of olive oil with the garlic. Wait till it start sizzling, then add your raw, uncooked Arborio rice and stir well to make sure the all little grains of rice are well covered with the oil and garlic. Keep stirring non stop for an extra 1 to 2 minutes while making sure that nothing is sticking at the bottom of the pan. If it does, lower the heat a bit.
- - Pour the beer and keep stirring while all the rice absorb the precious liquid.
- - Start adding your water, add the first cup, keep stirring constantly, add the veggies all in one shot and keep adding the rest of the water ½ cup at the time. The whole process should be about 15-20 minutes maybe less.
- - Never stop stirring while everything get's absorb and when you're getting close to the end of your water and the texture is getting nice and creamy, start lowering your heat to MEDIUM/LOW.
- - Stir in the nutritional yeast, add the salt and pepper and you're done!