This is a nice example of simple who met amazing.
For you, an humble green soup made with fresh, seasonal ingredients and a dash of love. I hope the creamy taste and texture of the end result will comfort you while you’re cuddled up in a warm blanket looking outside at the colour of the leaves dancing in front of your eyes.
Fall, a time for cuddles and great soups.
…Did I also mentioned that you can rock this baby in 20 minutes?!
…you know, for all the busy bees out there.
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tightly packed cup of chopped leeks. (about 1 big one - white and light green part)
- 5 cups of "riced" broccoli (florets and stems)
- 1 tightly packed cup of fresh baby spinach
- 1 can of thick coconut milk (I used the A-Roy coconut milk) 400ml - 14oz
- 4 teaspoons of miso
- 2 cups of water
- salt & pepper to taste
- - On the stove top, in a stainless steel pan on medium/high heat... Heat the oil before, then add the minced garlic and the chopped leek. Let cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes till they start become softer.
- - Add your "riced" broccoli, stir, cover and let cook for 4 minutes
- - Then, toss in the tightly packed cup of fresh spinach and wait till they have become softer.
- - Stir in the coconut milk, miso and water, cover and lower the heat to medium/low. Let gently bubble for 10minutes, you can stir once or twice. Adjust the heat if it's boiling too hard.
- - Once everything is well cooked (it should be at this point), use a hand blender to pulverize all of our ingredients, directly in the pan, till you end up with a nice, smooth soup consistency
- - Adjust the taste with a bit of extra salt and pepper if needed.